Monday, August 9, 2010

Digital Story. All done!

All my assignments are finished. Huzzah! This last one was really difficult for me. I had so much trouble with Windows Movie Maker. It is very clunky, nothing like a Mac, as I did give a spin on the Macs at the library. But here, we are, the finished product. It's a bit grainy in spots, but I don't really know why. It was fun to make actually; its kind of a fun story and would be a fun thing to entertain a five-year old.

Earlier today, I was complaining about my health insurance and fortunately that is all figured out. Obviously there was no easing back into "life" as I call it for me. I will say that one thing that always dawns on me after I leave the States and come back is that I've changed. Not ostentatiously or anything (well I did get some awesome new shoes from Office, but that's not what I mean), but enough so that I notice a difference in how I approach my daily life. The little things still bug me, that's never going to change, but as I travel the ways I handle them changes. Once I leave my nice little home in the midwest and set out anywhere outside of my culture, that's pretty much waving bye bye to comfort and hello to adjustment. When I come back, I bring a bit of adjustment back into my daily life. Like today, instead of being super-embarrassed that I set off the fire alarm by walking through the fire doors (no worries, no firemen showed up. it was minor), I simply went to the Circ desk apologized and explained. No harm down, as I knew it would be... and then I went and made copies. A few years ago, I would've totally been freaking out. But this is why I love to travel actually. Every time I leave and go somewhere new, things change even though it may be in the tiniest way.
So I'm missing London alot, mostly because it was a nice reprieve from my "real" life, but its time to come back and all in all, I'm happy to back. But I'd be happy to be there too.
Cheers. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment